Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm A- 3 Qutations from Chapters 1 & 2

"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like , and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth." (Page 1, First Line)

"I was sixteen then, and I'm seventeen now, and sometimes I act like I'm thirteen." (Page Nine, towards middle of the page)

"I was wondering if it would be frozen over when I got home, and if it was, where did the ducks go." (Page Thirteen)

1 comment:

michaela said...

these quotations are very good. they all relate to Holdens personality.
the first one relates to my first discussion question. it shows that something may have happened or maybe it was atring of events when he was a kid to make him not want to relive it his childhood
the second one tells us exactly how old Holden is.
the third one shows us that he likes to wonder about random things when he is trying to block out something that he doesnt want to hear